Soy United Head Coach Jeffers Odongo says his team is well-prepared and confident of earning promotion to the FKF National Super League (NSL) when they face FC Bumbani Stars in the decisive playoff match set for Wednesday, October 8, at the Dandora Stadium from 2 PM.
Odongo, a former KCB assistant coach, believes his side has done enough preparation to secure victory and insists that the players are mentally ready for the task ahead.

“I thank the federation for organizing this playoff early because we were already preparing for life in the NSL. This match has found us ready,” he said.
“Playoffs are not new to me, I have been part of one before with Wazito FC, so I know what it takes. We have prepared well, and our focus is only on winning. In playoffs, there is only one result that matters, a win.”
The coach lauded his players for showing strong mental resilience despite the disappointment that came after the Sports Disputes Tribunal (SDT) ordered a replay of Gucha Stars’ controversial fixture, which altered Soy United’s automatic promotion status.
“I have one of the best squads in terms of mentality. They were disturbed at first because we had already set our sights on playing in the NSL, but they quickly adapted and are now fully ready for the challenge,” Odongo added.

Odongo also expects a tough contest against FC Bumbani Stars, noting that the opponents are aware of Soy United’s quality and form during preseason.
“I know our opponents will come well-prepared. They have followed our preseason matches and seen our results, so I am expecting a tough but fair challenge. Both teams want promotion, and that will make the game even more competitive,” he said.
ALSO READ: Gor Mahia name 23-man squad for ODM at 20 celebrations in Mombasa
The tactician revealed that he could be without a few key players due to injury concerns.
“We have one or two injury worries, including our top striker who has a slight knock. We are waiting for the doctor’s report to confirm if he will be available,” he stated.
Soy United’s journey to the NSL hit a snag after the SDT nullified the FKF Leagues and Competitions Committee’s decision that had docked Gucha Stars three points for fielding an ineligible player against Nakuru Bucks. The ruling allowed Gucha a replay of the match, which they later won at the Ulinzi Sports Complex, reclaiming promotion to the second tier.
The tribunal also fined Gucha Stars Ksh 100,000 for negligence and confirmed the suspension of Eugene Nyakaga the player involved in the impersonation case.
